North Little Rock
The Old Mill is famous for the opening scene in the movie, "Gone With The Wind", made in 1939. (It is believed to be the only remaining structure from the film.)
This three-acre site, officially known as the T.R. Pugh Memorial Park and Pugh's Mill, is more commonly known as the Old Mill. The mill, with a water wheel constructed of concrete but treated to look like wood, is surrounded by a road resembling an old wagon road and a rustic footbridge made of black locust tree limbs. The park is open to the public and a great setting for photographs or a picnic lunch.
It is a very restful site with flowers blooming twelve months of the year. Sculptured concrete work known as faux bois, includes numerous bridges, benches, baskets, etc., sculpted to look like real wood. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Things to Do
Family Fun, Parks, Attractions, Free Things to Do
Allow Pets, Free Parking, Kid Friendly, Open Sunday