LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (October 20, 2021) – On Saturday, October 23, Little Rock’s War Memorial Stadium will be the site of a historic showdown between the University of Arkansas (U of A) Razorbacks and the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) Golden Lions. This is the first football game the Razorbacks have played against an Arkansas school since 1944, and it is their first-ever meeting with the Golden Lions.
Tickets are available to the game, which kicks off at 11 a.m. and will include half-time performances from the Best in Sight and Sound — the Razorback Marching Band — and the Marching Musical Machine of the Mid-South — the UAPB Golden Lion Marching Band. You can find stadium regulations here.
But the festivities won’t be confined to the field on game day. Prior to kick-off outside the stadium, tens of thousands will enjoy a morning of tailgating that includes a free Fan Fest with a variety of food trucks, inflatables, sponsor activations and music entertainment.
In the week leading up to the game, people can get in the spirit by attending events associated with Arkansas Unity & Heritage Festival Week. Sponsored overall by 100 Black Men, the Urban League, Steve Landers, Tyson, and Ben E. Keith, the festival entails a series of activities leading up to the game at War Memorial Stadium and celebrates this iconic matchup. Below is a list of events:
- Thursday, October 21: The Mosaic Templars Cultural Center will host a 10 a.m. reception for its Arkansas Razorback African American display. This will serve as the launch of a capital campaign to raise money for a permanent digital display.
- Friday, October 22: Tailgating will take place on the former War Memorial golf course. From 1-9 p.m., the former pro shop will host a Rib Jam with ribs and sides benefitting UAMS and Arkansas Children’s Hospital first responders. Tickets are $45 each. Live music will be featured all day, with voter registration and COVID testing and shots available from the Arkansas Department of Health.
- Friday, October 22: From 5:30-7:30 p.m., the River Market will host a free, public “Tusk V Meet & Greet” with the famous Arkansas Razorback mascot at St. Vincent’s Plaza at the corner of River Market and President Clinton Avenues.
- Saturday, October 23: A morning of tailgating that includes a free Fan Fest with a variety of food trucks, inflatables, sponsor activations and music entertainment.
- Saturday, October 23: Kick-off is at 11 a.m. between the U of A Razorbacks and the UAPB Golden Lions.
- Saturday, October 23: After the game, celebrate victory in Little Rock’s River Market Entertainment District, the epicenter of the city’s nightlife scene. At the game’s unofficial 5th Quarter, find live music at great bars. Get a wristband and a signature cup at any participating entertainment district venue to take alcohol out of the bar and into the street (see rules here.)
ABOUT LITTLE ROCK CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau (LRCVB) is the official destination marketing organization for the City of Little Rock, charged with marketing and selling the city as a meeting, sports and leisure travel destination. The LRCVB also manages the Statehouse Convention Center, Robinson Center, River Market and multiple parking facilities. For more information, visit www.littlerock.com.